Monday, July 25, 2011

Kids are in KY

25July
 I dropped the kids off this past weekend. That was a lot tougher than I thought; for them and for me. The drop off took place at the Radcliff Police Department. Jennifer insisted on this…fearing that I would start something and she was yet again...AFRAID of me. Oh brother. How many times am I gonna have to hear the same song and dance coming from her. If I had a dime for every time she said it, I’d be rich. LOL. She had the neighbor (Dee), go figure bring her to pick up the kids.  What I found funny was Dee’s demeanor. She acted as if she was disgusted by this and the fact that my children were clearly upset and crying. How dare they act like this, they would be living with their Mom who loved them and their father is nothing more than a MONSTER for ruining their mother’s life. What was really funny was when I got home her son came across the street to talk as he has done since 2005. I soon heard her call him back across the street with a tone that showed clear disgust. She’s never said squat to him. Even when he was taking my mail out of my mail box…nothing. But now you’re gonna make your son come back across the street? LOL.
  They have lived with me for their entire lives and now we are going to be apart. Jennifer had the nerve to tell them “It’s just like one of Daddy’s deployments.”  What a crock of shit! We are apart and will suffer a strained relationship because she refuses to co-parent with me. I guess she will allow the boys to use her lap top to talk with me via yahoo messenger…ROFLMAO. Yeah, just like when I was in Korea right. NOT! She also told the judge she’d have a job by now, she was gonna ensure that the kids were all back to playing sports because I wouldn’t allow them to play anything.  Well I am sure gonna hold her to her word as best I can.
 The whole week prior you could feel the tension building within the kids. Fighting, arguing or nothing, I felt for them yet I couldn’t do anything about it. So Friday night we all went out to dinner and a movie. Kind of a last hoorah of sorts. Jennifer had been calling down here to speak to the kids almost at an hourly rate and to Benning in an effort to find someone within the military to order me to pay her. No such luck. I have and will continue to take care of my responsibilities as I have my entire life. When I dropped the kids off I wrote her a check for 1,400.00 as well as I gave her the current registration on the Mazda which she is solely responsible for. Yet when I mentioned to her about the kids and fall break she scowled back at me, “That’s what lawyers are for!” LOL. That’s cool...I posted dated the check 2AUG11. Hehehe thank God for the lil victories.
 Sunday I get another call from her…again, threaten me with calling folks that have this “power’ to make me do what they want. This time a COL Wadsworth was gonna get a call about how I refused to register the car, pay her money and God knows what else. Wait…didn’t I just say I gave her the current registration and a check for 1400.00? RME. The drama that Jennifer causes is just ridiculous. If she spent have the amount of time she spends complaining about unfair treatment and took that energy and used it for finding employment…their wouldn’t be an issue.  Now she’s calling my realtor asking about a washer and dryer. She just won’t stop.
 She so desperately wanted our children in her possession…which she now has yet she still isn’t happy. At this point I have not a clue what she actually wants. She wanted a divorce, she got it. She wanted me to “Leave her alone”, she got it. She wanted her own life, she got it. She wanted to be a “single mother”, she got it. She wanted a new car paid for by me, she got it. She wanted child support, she got it. So how can you have everything that you asked for…yet still be unsatisfied? Oh…I know, she wants me to be unhappy and miserable…she isn’t getting that.
 So my kids are now back in KY with their Mom. School starts in a week and I dropped about 200 per child getting them some school cloths to take back home. So at least they will start school with some new items. Being a single parent isn’t easy. I have learned that from numerous female friends I have made the past two years. I have always had respect for single parents but you really don’t know what it’s like until you actually walk in their shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Jay buddy, I hate to break it to you but a post dated check can be cashed early. Banks do not have to honor a date on a personal check. If Jennifer decided to try and cash or deposit that check it would be cashed.

    On another note I feel for your children so much. You and Jennifer are adults and what happened between the two of you is yours but those kids.... well they just didn't deserve any of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, you know that I have only ever shown love and kindness to your ex-wife and your children. I have admonished my son to not go over to your house on numerous occasions because I did not want him to bother you. I especially did not want him to bother you and your girlfriend on Saturday because I assumed you were upset about leaving the children. My son, being handicapped, does not have the same understanding of "boundaries" as others might.

    You asked your ex-wife where she would like the change over to occur. She let you know she would like you to drop them off at my house so I could bring them to her. She was afraid of a scene that would upset the children. You refused to do this, so, on advice of the police, she chose the police station. She asked me to come to help buffer her and the kids if there was, indeed, a confrontation. I presume you do not realize you were yelling when you tried to talk to her about the October visit. I told her to NOT talk to you and get in the car. Why make a tense situation worse, especially in front of the kids who were naturally upset about leaving you?

    It is my hope that someday you can both put aside your anger and hurt over this mess and function in a way that is most beneficial for your children. You have great kids who love you both. Dee

    ReplyDelete