Sunday, July 3, 2011

Court is finished...it's all done now....

Well I promised all that’d I’d write and explain how Jennifer ended up with custody after more than two years of being non-compliant and refusing to co-parent with me. Well it boiled down to one factor…our kids being 14, 13 and 10 and them being allowed to have a say in where they’d live. So each child went into court alone and spoke to the judge as well as being questioned by both attorneys. The boys both made it clear that they loved both me and their mother and that they didn’t want to choose where they lived. Madison how ever, made it extremely clear where she wanted to live as well as how she felt about me. She explained how I have never done anything for her, I don’t do anything for her and how she wanted to live with her Mom.


So when it was time for summations my attorney went first pointing out all the things I have done to co-parent and foster a relationship with not only my kids but their Mom as well. Jennifer’s attorney couldn’t really say much since he had just taken the case a few weeks earlier. Why her previous attorney dropped her…only God knows. But he was paid for by the neighbor across the street who has become Jennifer’s “Fill in” Mom. Not only did she pay for Jennifer’s lawyer, but has been giving her money for food since she is currently unemployed. Yes she lost yet another job and according to her, it was because of hundreds of times she has been drug to court by me. Truth be told we have been to court a total of 9 times. 3 of those by me specifically; these include Once for The DVO (Domestic Violence Order), for her to take responsibility of the Mazda and just now for primary custodian.

After both attorneys’ were done the judge spoke. I sat there and I could tell it wasn’t going to be what I wanted to hear. As he spoke to me and Jennifer about how many times we had been in his court room over the past two years he looked over at me and started talking directly to me about what he thought of me, my parenting and my numerous attempts at co-parenting with her. He explained that she would never co-parent with me and how it was a shame. I was to be commended for my behavior and right now I was the “Superior” parent. As I sat there and listened…my heart was breaking but part of me knew it was going to be alright. I had spent the last two years doing it right and showing my kids what right looked like. He explained that with the children being old enough to have a say he took consideration into what they wanted too.

Rome and Jeff have always maintained the stance that they loved and cared for both Jennifer and I but they simply didn’t want to choose. They did make it clear that they didn’t want to be separated from their sister. I guess we know where they learned loyalty from? However, the deciding factor was Moo. Moo has made it very clear that she does not want to live with me…period. After her testimony to the judge…it was made crystal clear where she wished to live at.

I knew that for Jennifer to get the kids after her behavior she had displayed…it had to be divine intervention. So with that being said it was all over. The judge didn’t want Moo to come with me to Georgia. He felt that she had been so poisoned by Jennifer’s crap that she would just be a destructive force. Jennifer created this monster she should be the one to deal with it. He looked over at Jennifer and scowled, “What you reap is what you sow. You’re gonna get exactly what you have asked for. And one day when these children are 20 or 25 they will look back on this and they will know just what you did.”

So I left court…feeling down and strangely enough…at peace. I drove home, called my Mom and Dad as well as my former in-laws and informed them of what happened. As the afternoon passed I got more calls and texts from all those who had supported me the last two years. Some understood and some did not. But I told them all the same, I’m good and I’m at peace with the decision. I feel like the judge set her up. Like, in order for the kids to see what is really going on, they need to see it for themselves…you know live it. Then and only then will they truly understand and stop fighting me. Or the spiritual version which says, God gave me the last year so I could see what its like to have them alone. Because my kids will be back with me and when they return…it’ll be for good. I like to believe the latter.

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment