Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday

 Moo and her teammates played some great volleyball but they fell short of their goal. Hats off to them for a great effort though. It’s been a rough couple of days. I received the report that was done by the forensic psychologist. It was extremely long and wordy. I have never done anything like this and was surprised to see that it seemed to be the opposite of  or not what the judge had order to be done. At least it was to me.


I was under the impression that it was to simply see if my children had been influenced by their Mom in any way or manner. But it turned out more like an evaluation of all of us; more so me and the “X.” Most surprising was the stance that the DR took. She spoke about the entire situation in depth as well as about me and my X. More her than I but she did make it a point to discuss my choice to have a girlfriend in my home. It played more like a morality stance than an actual fact. See, she made it seem like the reason I have been having the issues with my kids…mainly my daughter is because I brought a woman into my home and bedroom when I knew fully well that they couldn’t see their Mom. She also felt I refused to acknowledge this and deal with it appropriately.

Well…sorry Doc, you failed to listen to me when I spoke and it appears as though she discounted the facts that were present. For example, my children…especially my daughter have been mad at me and displaying anger since this whole fiasco started back in Mar09. So I’m sorry, me having a GF in my home…not the cause of it. Second point, their Mom made the choice too not be in their lives at this time not me. I did all I could to foster a positive relationship but she felt she deserved it all and that’s just not how real life works. It’s funny, the DR even said these things herself about my X, yet when the smoke cleared she made a recommendation that was…let’s just say…incredibly incongruent with her findings.

So now I have to wait for court. Personally, I don’t think it’ll be what my X and her camp will make it out to be. There are far too many parties that are involved that get a voice as well as professional opinions as to what they have seen as well as witnessed over the last year plus. But you never know what a Judge will do, you know. So…I guess I will just have to wait and see. But I know as a professional he will do what’s right whether it’s in my favor or my X’s. I have thought about it a lot the past few days and I have no choice but to trust the system and hope it does what’s best for my kids. Someone told me, “You may have to let them go in order to get them back.” I know that’s not what you want to hear when you’re a parent but…I do understand it. Don’t agree…but I understand.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, 1SG Dingle. I always knew you to be an honest guy who cared about people. Stay strong.

    - OAKLEY

    ReplyDelete