Saturday, February 26, 2011

Reconnecting

It’s no secret that I’m single nor that I have had some fun with online dating. Twice now on match.com I have been stumbled upon by an old female friend. MJD94 is one of those that found me. She “winked” at me and I responded as I always do. We chatted some but my comments were pretty short and to the point until one comment she made about a post I had been stationed at Drum. Her photos were kinda small and I couldn’t see her well but asking me about that post struck a cord. I was like no sh*t. She had sent me her number so I called her after I received that message and asked her what she knew about Drum. This was too freaky. I quickly realized who she was but she didn’t know me.


Back in 93, MJD94 was up at our post with some friends from college, like I mentioned in a previous article, Drum, for some was a smorgasbord for interracial dating. It was a shoe in for women. The post was open (meaning anyone could get on) and there were tons of single men for a woman to choose from. And of course our on post club was great. The most expensive door fee I’d ever seen…a whopping $1.50 to get in. LMAO. She was cute, blonde, average height as well as build. Back then I was in a very different place as well as state of mind. My first wife walked out on me simply saying she didn’t want to be married aka the grass was greener on the other side. Anyway, we all left the club one night and one of my partners had hooked up with her friend. We all went back to my place and hung out. She had come with her GF because everyone had kinda hooked up except her. She was interested in another one of my friends at the time. Well it got late and I told MJD94 that I was going to bed; plenty of room. There were two bedrooms but only one had a bed. I offered her blankets and pillows to sleep with in the other bedroom or stay and hang out with her GF and my partner in the living room. LOL. Well a few moments later she came into my room and insisted nothing would happen. I agreed and moved over to make room.

Well we kinda made small talk for awhile and I’m not sure who started it but we ended up going at it. Fast forward to 2010 I’m laying on my bed laughing because MJD94 had no idea who I was. I named some of the cats I swung with back then and she knew mostly all. But she still had no idea who I was. Until she asked what my last name was. See most of us in the military go by our last names to the point where we do it without realizing and you can go months or years without ever knowing or calling a friend by their first name.

Well I told her and she freaked. She had never known my first name only my last. Now she knew me. We have since talked and texted every now and again and she has made suggestions about meeting me. I’m not 24 and I have changed a lot since the time of our one night stand. I have been married twice and divorced twice. Currently raising my clones and in the middle of a custody issue. Well not really a custody issue but I’ll save that for another article. She too has had an interesting life since our meeting some 17 years ago. It’s funny how you grow and change and then reconnect with old acquaintances. Our one night stand was purely sexual and we never talked again since that night. That is until we met again online. There is talk of her coming to visit; she’d like to know if there is chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment