Saturday, February 26, 2011

Arrogant Women

A few days ago I received a “wink” from a woman. I wasn’t at home but had my blackberry and deceived to check her out. I couldn’t see her well but I did read her profile; single mother, I have raised my boys on my own, I have a great job, my son’s are the most important things in my life, etc, etc. Hmmm sounds familiar flag pole starting to rise, but we will say hi anyway.



I have read profiles like her’s a lot and have come to one conclusion; there are some pretty arrogant women out there. Arrogant: haughty, over bearing. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, your personal struggles and how you got where you currently are now. But there is a way of voicing it without hitting one in the head with a stick. I mean when you’re looking, shouldn’t you avoid displaying an attitude or narcissistic behaviors? Anyway I said hello and she sent me her number. I didn’t call but texted her saying I wasn’t your average Blackman, blah, blah, blah; yeah, I was being sarcastic. Send me your email and I’ll send you some things to look at that may give you some insight into me. Well I was thinking of something’s I had written…she wasn’t. The next text I received was her cursing me out. I stood in my kitchen dumb founded. What makes you think you’re all that that I’d want to send you some naughty pics? LOL


Well I made it clear that that wasn’t what I meant and I got the standard come back, “well the way you said it, and men are always blah, blah, blah I’m sorry.” I was pretty put off from it and had I been looking she would have been done already. I spoke to her the next day and I was explaining how I got where I am and she cut me off to tell me I was still hurting from my divorce and was “damaged.” Wow, you have talked to me once or twice on the phone and you know my life? Oh by the way, she also told me since I was a single Dad of 3 young kids and my other responsibilities I didn’t seem to have the time for a relationship and since she was two hours away she didn’t see anything happening. Didn’t she wink at me? Didn’t she send me her number? Bing has a maps feature you can type in a place a find out where it is. LOL.


I so wanted to tell her I simply wanted to chat and I could tell by her attitude when she told me how great her job was and how she’d just bought a house, her sons, how she’d raised them etc that she wasn’t what I’d be interested in. As I sat on my front porch waiting to head to the BBQ with my son I couldn’t do a thing except laugh. Then it dawned on me, she’s in her early forties and had been divorced over 10 years. Ahhhh there it is. I am starting to truly believe that the longer a woman is divorced and single, the less likely she will find a mate. Many are used to doing it all, but are these women truly willing to give up all that control? From my personal experiences over the last few months many have monopolized phone conversations, comparing kids and their achievements, too their very own personal achievements. It’s as if some are trying to read me a resume and how’d I’d be lucky if they picked me.


Men are dating younger women for what ever reason they choose so the 40 plus group is still there but some appear to be their own worst enemy. I can see how some men would choose to date younger so as not to deal with this older female bravado of look at me and what I’ve done and I don’t need a man. Even though I’m on this site to show everyone I don’t need or have to have a man unless he’s fits exactly into my mold. I see crazy cat ladies in their futures. LOL. They want a partner yet do all the things you shouldn’t do to find a good one. Tough times can and do define who you are and what you are made of…if you are a fighter or a runner. We all need to remember one simple thing, judge us all as individuals not by your past experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment