Monday, May 16, 2011

The Aftermath

Two years ago I returned from Korea to nothing. One night my ex-wife got drunk and accused me of assault. She ended up getting arrested for filing a false report and when we later went to court the judge awarded me temporary emergency custody of our three children. And there it started. Has there ever been a crazier divorce? I mean seriously. She wanted a divorce then became pissed when she didn’t get what she felt she deserved. Problem is she has led her entire life as though she was owed. But we all know….your not owed a damn thing in this life.


Two years later....this woman has not changed nor has she moved on. Actually she has continued with her mission. Which I can only assumed to pay me back for the wrong she feels I have done her and in doing so also ruin whatever relationship I have left with my children. I’m a month and some change away from moving to Ft Benning to start our lives anew and yet it seems I am no closer to a resolution than when this all started two years ago. I have followed the rules and done all I can to maintain a level of professionalism through all this. I could have ended this all long ago but the price I felt for victory was too high and the causalities…were not worth the price of victory. So…I had to pass.

She however did not. It seemed like weekly I was being accused of abusing and or neglecting our kids. So much that Child Protective Services was called and I was called into explain or be interviewed. Of course I was guilty until I could prove myself innocent. I’m black, 5-11 and tip the scales at 230lbs. In uniform I have been told I present a very intimidating figure of a man. So of course…when you look at me…I must be guilty. Well when I was finally interviewed, well they got the rest of the story as well as some other information my ex-wife had conveniently left out; the fact that she was drunk and had been arrested for filing a false report. Hmmm, very important detail to leave out when your accusing someone of neglect and abuse.

So that was the start of Child Protective Services being in our lives (along with two other agencies). For months, two women would come into my home and talk with me, the kids and observe me parenting. Yeah…it sucked. Nothing like having strangers come into your home watching and judging your every word and move. Then on top of it and had two other agencies that which required two more ladies to come into my home. Two days of every week for an hour or more they where here. Time passed and I did as I was advised where as my ex-wife did not. It got so bad that we (even though I did as directed) were taken to court for non-compliance. This then started a whole new era of craziness. Once in court the petition was dropped against me but not my ex. And the court recommended that the children be remanded in my custody until the issue of non-compliance was resolved. Fat chance.

To be continued......

2 comments:

  1. J, I wish you the best of luck. As always, like those days in Korea, if you need anything, please let me know.
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find some peace and can move on someday, too. I wish you luck with it, because you sound like you're totally obsessed with this woman. Like, totally. In fact, your whole blog is about her. Good luck, and consider more counseling. When someone obsesses with an ex-spouse this much nothing good ever comes of it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete