Thursday, March 3, 2016

Political/ Common sense post of the month:


          Ok, I just got finished listening to Mitt Romney’s speech on CNN as I was doing some chores around the house. Understand, I listened to it from start to finish and I’m still listening to CNN now that Ashley Banfield is on and they are continuing the discussion about the speech. So, as per standard let me lay a little “Dingleism” on this situation. And this comment is directed at both Republicans and Democrat voters. There is no party for someone who believes like I do. I am 51% conservative and 49% liberal and if you’ve ever had the pleasure of debating me on a topic you’d understand those percentages. So, back to the speech. What I feel all Americans on both side of the isle should take from not only Mitt’s speech but how the election as a whole is being conducted is that all involved are horrible examples of what we as a country and its citizens strive to be. The Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot by attacking Trump the way they are. They are doing exactly what MOST Americans despise about career politicians. And they are doing it to the point that many Americans will possibly vote for Trump just to show how pissed and disconnected they all are when it comes to the needs of the citizens of this nation. Oh and Democrats, they are no better. They are just as disconnected and play on the dreams of many voters never addressing the reality of the situation. I as a BLACK MAN find it shameful and insulting that both Bernie and Hillary would use the death of blacks at the hands of police as a strategy to gain votes and political power. And it pains me to know that there are SOME blacks who are drinking the Kool-Aid and will end up in “Jonestown.” I’m not an Obama fan nor supporter, but as an educated man, I can admit and acknowledge that he has done some really good things. He nor any politician will ever do what Jerome wants and lead the way Jerome feels they should lead. And that’s ok, they aren’t me.


          It’s disappointing that many of our young have their sights so locked in on the future and the ideology they feel should be in place verses acknowledging the future REALISTICALLY and what could be, while remaining grounded in the here and now; attempting to lay the foundation so that you could potentially have that future. I would love to have “free” healthcare and college but I also have the ability and willingness to see that RIGHT NOW it is not possible. So how about we find a way to get close to that. I know we could but the problem is someone somewhere is not going to make money and that is going to be a problem. Listening to Mitt’s speech has done nothing but show me, the “average American” that career politicians (Dems & Rep) will do and say just about anything to win an election, even if it means getting into bed with the Devil. And please, I ask all to use critical thinking skills when reading this and not read or comment based on your political stance. This post is about both sides attacking each other and claiming to be so very different yet when you intelligently peel away the layers of the onion you see that they are all the same. At the end of the day they are all career politicians with agendas that supersede doing what best for us Americans. I don’t have an answer but damn, there is got to be a way for us to voice our displeasure with how things are because voting, right now, in my opinion will not get it done. So as I bring this thought to a close I am disappointed in where our country and its so called “leaders” have led us. But I am more disappointed in WE AMERICANS who have been selfish, self serving and blind for so many years that we are now all about to eat a shit sandwich. Only thing that separates me from you is that I will be on the opposite side of said sandwich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment