Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's 2012

Its 2012, another year is here and as we all know, time waits for no one. It seems that 2012 has some significance for many within our society. I have heard several times, that 2012 is going to be big. The Army says it, our government says it…change seems to be the consensus. But what is this change that many are talking about? Is their some significance? I know, according to the movies and John Cusack there is going to be crazy weather and a massive flood that will cover the Earth. Glad they made those new high-speed arks. LOL.



So…back to reality and the year that is 2012. But before we do that last recap 2011. It was a year of many ups and downs, especially for me and the Dingle children. The New Year came in and within it a new move that would take me and possibly my kids to Georgia at the end of the summer. It saw my relationship with my oldest deteriorate to no contact after he threw a party in my home while we were in SC visiting my folks. Work was work and I found myself serving as a First Sergeant again. Soon after that, I found myself in court for what would be the last of two times that I would set foot in Hardin County as a resident of KY. The biggest being that when I asked the courts to be the primary custodian. When the dust settled my former spouse was named the primary custodian. Though she made several politically correct claims of "co-parenting" it’d only take a few weeks and her true colors would show. But by that time I had already left the state and living in Alabama. The kids got to spend the remainder of the summer with me and we made the best of our few weeks together. I returned the kids to Kentucky a week shy of school starting with my life starting down here in Georgia and I’d soon find myself back in court again this time via telephone. After gaining custody, my ex-spouse decided to take me back to court seeking more of the marital assets. And when the dust settled the Judge gave her some of what she wanted with one stipulation, she had to come here to Alabama to get it. Oh…and she had 60 days to do it. To my surprise she did and it was during fall break so the best part was I got another week with my kids.


Fall break was followed by Thanksgiving and Christmas signifying the end of another year which brings us to 2012 and back to a year of change. What change will be brought in with the New Year? I’m not sure but I do know one thing; if its change you want then it is change you must seek. If its peace you wish, then you have to find it. Whether its in a book or in a church; peace just isn’t gonna drop into your lap. If it’s weight loss you crave then you won’t find it in front of a TV. You must become active and take an active roll in loosing the weight that you wish. Gym time, eating right or going to church…you do whatever it takes to meet your goal. But whatever it is you seek in 2012, it is clearly up to you to make it happen. I decided not to make a New Years resolution instead I just simply declared what it is I planned on doing for myself this year. And knowing that, set out to do exactly what it is I said I’d do. So now I move towards my goals one day at a time. Doing my best to not over extend myself nor allow my life’s journey to overwhelm me as life can do. Wake up each morning with direction and a sense of purpose. I have three readings posted at my door that I read before walking out to start my day. To me, it helps set the tone, give focus and  remind me to be good throughout the day; stay away from the negative. So 2012 is supposed to be a year of change and change we all will see. But what kinda of change…it’s clearly up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment