Friday, April 24, 2015

The dust has settled from court yesterday...phew.

So, now that time as passed and I've had a chance to analyze what took place in court, I can look at it objectively and remove what little emotion I had tied to it.


Nothing happened yesterday that I didn't already know COULD happen. That being I have to give her $600 that I didn't pay her in child support but gave to my daughter because she wasn't living there. Morally the right thing to do but LEGALLY I was wrong. No big deal.

The retirement owed to her was $623.72 for Feb and Mar. I didn't find out how much the sum was until my court date in March and I was the one that paid and filed the motion to ensure that she got the money. So again, even though I did the right thing by her and filing so that she could get the money, the Judge still stuck to the Law stating that she is owed it from the time I retired. That again...was no surprise and I knew this could happen.


Lowering of the child support, that's what this was all about. And it did happen child support was lowered. Now what wasn't expected was that he felt my income, which is roughly $1,000 less than on active duty wasn't enough and that I could and have the ability to work so he added the amount of $1,220 to my current income creating a new total and then basing the new amount on that. That babysitters...was not expected. Especially when he not once acknowledged that Jennifer was not hasn't been and currently isn't even employed. I didn't expect the Judge to add his own personal belief system in it also. And by that I mean he mentioned that while in college he had to work. And I get that and I could understand if I was not trying to pay child support. But I have no issue playing child support, I simply wanted to pay it based on my income like Jennifer is paying child support based on a minimum wage job which she doesn't even have.


But it is what it is. I will pay her as court order...not a big deal. Again, there really was no surprises yesterday and my attorney had covered all potential courses of action that could take place so again...no shocker. So all in all, money well spent to get things LEGALLY and OFFICALLY on the right track.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to add the part where you allowed your 17 year old daughter to drive alone to Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, ummm isn't that the physical custodians job?

    ReplyDelete