Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Court tomorrow...yeaaaah. NOT!!!!

I'm soooo looking forward to yet another court appearance tomorrow (massive amount of sarcasm there). I am soooo tired of this woman and her BS. All I am asking the court to do is base my child support on my current income (which is actually double a minimum wage job). That's all. I'm not trying to pay it...just want it adjusted to my new income. I mean, it's been based on my pay since 2011 sooooo whats the problem now?? Fair right????

And my ex managed to argue with the court and my lawyer to the extent that the judge grew tired of her and granted a special hearing for an entire hour tomorrow so that my she could be heard. Man, I'm all for fairness but at some point...you just gotta say shut up and take the money already.
And the arguments/ motions (which I pasted below) which have me going to court for an hour instead of 15 minutes:

1. I owe her $2,494.88 in back retirement pay. Umm, I've been retired since Feb 1 (which is when I got my first check) and it's April and after she was awarded her portion I wrote her a check for 623 and some change (April's payment) and she is supposed to file the paperwork with DFAS so the money comes straight to her. So, do the math.

And saving the best for last; motion 2, which states:

1. That I need to continue to pay $1391.11 in child support because she is unable to work and that the kids need to maintain the same life style they are accustomed too.

2. I had 27 years to get myself ready for retirement and shouldn't be in college now because I could have gone to college while I was active duty.

3. She has a DOCTOR's note which states she can't work so I need to keep paying $1391.11.

4. That I made $4,833.90 on ACTIVE DUTY and now that I'm RETIRED I make $5,165.28 so child support should be raised based on my new income.

5. That I am purposely not working so that I the court would have to lower the child support.

6. And the best one yet......the new child support should be based on my FUTURE EARNINGS (wait, didn't she just say it should be based on my current income of $5,165.28?) for the FUTURE JOB (HUH?????) I will get by going to college (which if you recall I'm not supposed to be doing)

So the moral to the story is, if you've got an ex-spouse and y'all are at least civil or decent to one another....be thankful you don't have to deal with one like I got. LMAO.










No comments:

Post a Comment